Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
We are currently looking to fill Production Assembly Operator positions for our DAY and Afternoon shfit.
Day Shift 6:00 am - 4:30 pm
Afternoon Shift 5:30 pm - 4:00 am (3:30 pm - Midnight, Fridays)
• All work must be performed in a safe, efficient manner in compliance with Company Policy, local, provincial and/or federal rules and regulations;
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
• Produces components by following work instructions to assemble parts;
• Inspects parts visually for obvious defects and component verification;
• Install lights, harnesses, and/or other components to molded/painted parts as required;
• Packs finished products in racks, bags, cardboard boxes, dunnage and totes;
• Label parts ensuring label accuracy;
• Maintains work area, cleans and replenishes parts as required;
• Ensures all parts are labeled properly following plant wide colour coding system.
• Personnel performing work affecting product quality shall be competent on the basis of on-going training, appropriate education, skills and experience;
• Performs other duties as required by managers to keep pace with changes in scope of work.
• Grade 12 education or equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment
• Good communication (Read and comprehend instructions)
• Organizational and dexterity skills
• Attention to detail
• Knowledge of components and materials used in the production process
• Ability to read colour
• Basic Computer skills
• Working positions change from standing to bending and lifting up to 30lbs.
• Exposure to health hazards: dust, forklift noise with racks
• Exposure to heat in the summer months
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.