Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Responsible to ensure that customer requirements are met and customer release information is relayed to manufacturing accurately and on a timely basis. May oversee shipping personnel and manages all logistic requirements. Point contact for all customer relations. Pro-actively communicates potential shortage conditions to appropriate production management. Must be multi-task oriented, capable of prioritizing objectives projects.
· Demonstrate a full understanding of CMS AS400 system as it relates to inventory, material releases and lead time of items necessary to satisfy customer and build requirements.
· Responsible for addressing any customers issues
· Generates daily load sheets and requirement listing
· Monitors all Customer Portals
· Ensure adequate supply of containers through weekly inventories
· Monitor activities on the dock and activities of the shippers/receivers
· Adhere to all company policies, procedures and instructions
· Schedule material releases based on customer requirements as identified in the CMS AS400 system and SMART system for all parts and products necessary to efficiently meet all customer requirements. This will involve knowledge and understanding of forecasting and utilizing resources necessary to forecast.
· Maintain rolling one to two week schedule of releases, modifying as necessary to meet customer and build requirements. Provide various reports and information as needed or required pertaining to releases and anticipated delivery
· Schedule all orders/releases to meet all customer and production needs. Effectively and timely communicate results to various personnel.
· Prepare and issue purchase orders and change notices
· Arrange for disposal of obsolete/surplus materials
· Analyze material and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and prepares analysis reports.
· Monitor vendor shipping and receiving performance to enhance inventory levels, while striving to keep two-three days of inventory on hand, at all times. Establish effective tracking system and procedures to determine quantities necessary to achieve maximum results.
· Daily communications with appropriate personnel and/or vendor to ensure FNG meets or exceeds customer and build requirements, including pro-active, timely and aggressive action toward achieving desired results.
· Make recommendations as necessary to continuously improve shipping, receiving and inventory functions.
· Create and maintain appropriate records of all the above areas, as needed or requested.
· Maintain records of facility fleet vehicles. Schedule all trucking.
· Maintain confidentially and professionalism with all information exposed to in the scope of this position.
· Miscellaneous duties and projects, as required or requested.
· Follow and support company TS 16949 and ISO 14001 policies, procedures and instructions and prepare work instructions regarding systems and procedures.
· Have the ability to stop the process in the event of nonconformity.
· The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
· High School Diploma/GED
· 2-3 years related experience in customer service activities in a manufacturing or similar fast-paced environment
· Ability to work well in a team with customer-focused orientation and strong sense of delivery. Supervisory experience would be an asset
· Strong organizational and time-management skills
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
· Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office
· Must be willing to work shift work
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.